Week 2 - Review questions
- 1. In the figure above, item 5 is a(n)
- id definition (id selector)
- 2. In the figure above, item 4 is a(n)
- class definition (class selector)
- 3. What are some advantages of using id over class? Please reference your response. For example, if you found the information at an online source, indicate the URL; if you used the text, list the page; or if you just knew, state that.
- id has the advantage of being unique and more specific. It makes it ideal to use for elements that occurr only once on a page, like menus, banners, headers, etc. See Cascading Style Sheet, pages 32-38 and http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#class-html
- 4. What are some advantages of using class over id. Please reference your response.
- class enable you to give the same class specifications to more than one elements in a page. See Cascading Style Sheet. pages 32-38 and http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#class-html